Chinese white Tea, History, Production, Preparation, and Benefits
As one of the most delicate tea varieties, Chinese white tea refers a special type of tea made from the most tender handpicked leaf buds and tips. Widely believed to be the earliest tea in China, it was first produced in the Fuding area before spreading out to the Zhenghe and Shuiji areas. Some of the earliest types of white tea include Shoumei, White Peony, silver needle, and Gongmei.
The legend has it that 5000 years ago, while the emperor was traveling, he ordered his water to be boiled because it was bad hence not fit for drinking. Suddenly, a tea leaf was blown into his cup which he allowed to steeping before drinking. This was how it was discovered. Later on, it was not only revered but also the choice of the royal court given mostly as a tribute.
The production of Chinese white tea
Produced mainly in China, in the Fujian province, Chinese white tea is plucked from the leaf buds covered with whitish hair. First, the leaf buds are plucked before they fully open. Once they've been plucked, they are withered in the sun to soften the cells and then allowed to dry slowly at a low temperature. The key to ensuring that the tea comes out well depends on the withering process.
To slightly break down the leaves, they are passed through cold and hot rollers. This also helps to intensify the tea flavor and establish the shape thereby resulting in a tea with natural sweetness and mild flavor with a few grassy undertones that is similar to green tea.
How to brew Chinese white tea
What you need is as follow:
· 2 teaspoons of white tea.
· 6 ounces of water.
· Measuring spoon.
1. Fill the kettle with water and boil to about 180 degrees.
2. Measure 2 teaspoons of tea.
3. Place the leaves in the cup or the teapot.
4. Pour the water over the leaves.
5. Cover the cup or the teapot.
6. Steep the tea for between 1 to 5 minutes depending on your personal preference and particular variety.
7. When the tea is ready, remove the leaves or just pour the tea through the strainer.
How to store Chinese white tea
To ensure that the tea regains its original flavor and fragrance, proper storage is paramount. You, therefore, need to store it in a cool, dark, dry place in an airtight container. Avoid storing it near your cooker or in the fridge as it might quickly absorb food odors and moisture. Moreover, avoid areas that usually experiences changes in temperature. If stored well, the white tea can remain in good shape for even 18 months.
Benefits of Chinese white tea
· It acts as an antioxidant agent- It contains polyphenols which help make the free radicals in the body less destructive.
· Skin care- It helps in maintaining a youthful and healthy skin.
· It has antiaging properties- Due to its antioxidant features, it can also help reduce chances of premature aging.
· Prevents cancer- It may be helpful in preventing cancer.
· It boost oral health- The presence of flavonoids, polyphenols, and tannins may also help to prevent the growth of bacteria that causes a plague in the mouth.
· It relieves common cold-taking white tea may also provide relief for illnesses such as common cold and flu.
· It acts as an antibacterial agent-with its antibacterial properties, it can protect you from bacteria and other germs.
There are some primary competitive advantages of our company's Chinese white tea:
1. Basic Advantage: We have our own white tea plantation base, which has a competitive price, for bigger quantity, the price can be more lowered;
2. Quality Control: Experienced QC Team always strictly check the products before packing, ensure to deliver the high-quality products to clients;
3. Certificate: Organic-certified and EU conventional;
4. Logo and Package: OEM & ODM package and customized logo;
5. Company Information: 10 years tea export experience;
We are the professional supplier of Chinese white tea. If you are interested in our teas, pls don't hesitate to contact us to get competitive factory price immediately!!!
Guangzhou Runming Tea has teams of skillful, experienced sales staff with over 10 years experience in tea and exporting.
Our sales team can provide professional tea product knowledge of introduction, profound market analysis, hot-selling products recommendation, package solutions, new products notices, and complete after-sales service such as videos of packing products and timely updating logistics notice, etc.
Guangzhou Runming Tea Company focuses on manufacturing and exporting EU&USDA organic-certified teas, EU standard Chinese speciality teas and special Chinese Kongfu teawares.
Having our own tea plantation bases and preliminary factories in the famous tea-growing areas in China, we strictly control over every tea-making process to guarantee our Maocha’s quality, taste, aroma & appearance.
Besides, we also have our own high sanitation, traceable tea refined factory in Guangzhou, including the packing workshop, pyramid tea bag OEM workshop, Matcha To Go OEM workshop, etc. For the health of human, we always advocate organic life attitude, and devote to be the advocator and leader of organic teas.
Pls feel free to contact us if you have any questions/inquiries. We look forward to hearing from you!
Phone: +86 20 37417500
Whats app: +86 13828461245
Address: No. 15, North Str, Deshengchong, Shima, Junhe Str, Baiyun District, Guangzhou， China